Tuesday, January 5, 2010

John's cardigan...

Does anyone remember this... For a while I tried to forget it, but eventually I knew that I had to get back to the battlefield. This cardigan has really given me a lot of trouble. Nothing wrong with the pattern... Just me getting too involved, but I am also a succer for a big difficult equation, so I knew it was just going to be me with the yarn, knitting my way through it all, testing, redoing, testing again, thinking "Now I got it !"... "No, I didnt... one more time..."



Now it is all done and I am rather proud to say... Yes it took me a while but I didn't stop before both John and I thought it was perfect...




Can you believe it... This little knitting project has been lying around for half of Seths life. He is so used to it that it has become part of his play. The knitted cables are in Seths little fantasy-world destined to be roads for his cars to drive on.



You cannot call me impatient, but I am happy now when it finally is finished.


I just realized that I am not really well equiped for the fast tempo of life we live. What can I say... I Like knitting with a gauge 30 stitches on 10 cm, I think every piece of clothing should have hand embroided initials like the ones shown here and I just bought a loom at a fleemarket because wouldn't it be nice with handmade dishtowels...

I am of to make coffee and have a bit of white chocolate... have a great evening !

4 comments:

Dolores said...

Oh Mette, how lucky John can be!!!
This cardigan is THE cardigan. Worth every unraveled stitch....great job done - es ever!!!!
happy new year

Ulrika said...

Mette!
Jag håller med Dolores, det här är verkligen koftans kofta! (Har du förresten hittat www.koftanskofta.blogspot.com)
Johan sa: - Kan inte du sticka en sån där kofta tilll mig också?
- Nä, sa jag, för jag har ju just lärt mig virka mormorsrutor...
Modellen är snygg, kulören är snygg, knapparna är snygga, mannnen är snygg, fotona är snygga. DU är ett geni Mette! Jag är så glad att du är tillbaka här på www!
Kram från Sverige!

HANNE said...

Smukt arbejde, Mette. Dejligt med et perfekt resultat, men det er du jo ekspert i :O)
Hav en dejlig weekend

Anonymous said...

beautiful!